Healthy but Delicious Homemade Pizza Recipes
Everyone loves pizza; it’s been a *home delivery* staple for decades. These days people are looking for not only healthier, but cheaper options when it comes to pizza, and being able to cook pizza’s in your Weber BBQ allows you to prepare and cook healthy pizzas in the comfort of your own home. When you make your own pizza, you can use any toppings you want, perfect for children or fussy eaters.
Here are some tips for before you start:
- Don’t overload your pizza with too many toppings, only add a thin layer of each topping and keep heavy toppings to a minimum.
- Make sure your Weber BBQ is at full heat this way you’ll get a nice crispy crust with no soggy middle.
- Try baking or toasting the pizza base before you add your toppings, this will prevent a soggy pizza.
- When you use cheese, and moist toppings be careful, if your tomato is juicy when you add it to the pizza, it will drip down onto the crust. Keep moist toppings to a minimum or try and remove any moisture first.
- You don’t have to make your own pizza dough; you can buy pre-made pizza bases from your supermarket.
Without a doubt pizza is a favourite take away, it’s filling, delicious, and family friendly – here are three homemade pizzas for you to try that contain less than five ingredients – perfect for those watching their calorie intake. These pizzas are a great way of being able to enjoy, what many consider to be, a rather unhealthy meal, but, if you make your own base and add healthy toppings you can enjoy a pizza that’s not only homemade but nutritious and delicious.
Mozzarella, tomato, and basil
- 100g red ripe cherry tomato
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese – sliced
- add ½ cup of basil leaves – just before serving
You can also add some strips of grilled capsicum or olives for added taste and crunch.
Mushroom, ham and pineapple
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup diced leg ham off the bone
- 6 sliced medium mushrooms
- ¼ cup low fat cheddar cheese grated
If you want a pizza that has a little extra *kick* add some chilli flakes.
Chicken, olive and feta
- 1 cooked chicken breast – shredded
- ¼ cup of chopped olives
- ½ cup of crumbled low-fat feta
If you find this pizza, a little bland for your taste try adding some minced garlic, basil or oregano.
When it comes to pizza bases, you can buy them pre-made, or you can make your own, bases come in a range of options including wholemeal and gluten-free. To keep your pizza healthy, when adding your sauce, choose a low fat/low salt option, or you can make your own sauce full of the ingredients you know and love.
Australia is the barbequing nation, so much so that we have coined our own word for our most loved appliance – the barbie. There are good reasons why barbequing is an essential part of the culture. The climate is generally very...
Lopi make a range of fireplaces to suit everyone. From gas and wood fireplaces to gas log fireplaces and freestanding slow combustion wood heaters. Lopi fireplaces come in a range of contemporary designs to suit today’s...
Founded just outside Vancouver Canada in 1979 Regency Fireplace Products today is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of gas heaters. What began as designing and making wood stoves in a garage has grown to an...