Top spots in Sydney for a BBQ
Sydney – especially in summer is a great place to live, with some amazing weather and lots of outdoor spaces, Sydney is a great place to enjoy the great outdoors. You really haven’t *lived* till you have enjoyed a BBQ in one of Sydney’s many great parks – or even at the beach. Throw your Weber BBQ in the car and you’re all set. When you take your Weber BBQ with you, you don’t have to worry about getting to the park *early* to claim the use of a public BBQ before everyone else arrives. You can set your Weber BBQ up under a tree, or close to your picnic spot. Weber gives you the freedom to enjoy your own BBQ anywhere, any time.
Many of Sydney’s parks have some great BBQ facilities, so if you can’t take your Weber – or you’re not fortunate enough to own one head for some of the parks on Sydney Harbour, or drive out to the Eastern Suburbs and go to Coogee Beach, or the Northern Beaches there is a great park at Shelly’s Beach in Manly.
- Centennial Parklands – made up of a few different parks including the main parks – Queens Park, Moore Park and Centennial Park which is the largest, electric BBQ’s are available at these parks, or you can bring your own. There are sporting areas, gardens, ponds and playgrounds, you can run around with the kids, or just relax with a good book.
- Blackwattle Bay Park – is just one of many parks around the Glebe Foreshore Walk, apart from the water and watching the boats pass by if you walk along the foreshore take some time to enjoy the historical structures you’ll find along the way.
- Cockatoo Island – while it’s probably not the prettiest, it is certainly a fascinating place. Heritage listed with a convict history, have a game of tennis, play basketball or go on a guided tour and learn the Cockatoo Islands history.
- Shelly Beach Manly – enjoy a walk from Manly to Shelly Beach and view the sculptures along the way, when you reach Shelly Beach there is a lovely sheltered cove to enjoy a snorkel or a swim.
To make your day out a success, whether you take your Weber BBQ with you, or, you rely on using a public BBQ always remember to pack –
- Tongs – turning food on a hot BBQ plate without tongs just is not fun!
- Tomato sauce – if you do end up burning your meat, if you add tomato sauce, it will still taste good!
- Rubbish Bags – always clean up and take all your rubbish with you
- Sunblock, hats, bottled water
Please note, that while some parks will allow you to kick a football around some don’t, so always check the signs.
- Beefeater BBQ’s for the large family
- Top 10 BBQ Cooking Tips
- Cleaning your BBQ is easy with these tips
Weber is one of the best-known names when it comes to barbeque equipment, and with Spring settling in you’re probably in the market for a new outdoor bbq. Hawkesbury Heating is an authorised supplier of Weber specialist bbqs...
Time to purchase a new BBQ? Rather than going into the situation blind, wandering into a store, and then pointing out, “That one please!”, it’s better to do your research beforehand so that you know exactly the type, size,...
When it comes to gas barbeques, if you are buying for the first time, you want to get it right. There are at least three things you need to take into consideration: How much do I want to spend? How big is my entertaining...